Monday, December 7, 2009

BUST Craftacular Crafty Craftness

Went to the BUST Magazine Holiday Craftacular this weekend; as expected it illuminated our lives and brought joy to all. BUST is not to be confused with the also popular Boston University Stage Troupe, or their Home Depot account with which I am-- according to Google-- still the main associated name. My companions decided to use the fair as an opportunity to write up a trend report for sale to somewhere tragic like Forever 21. I wept inside. And then gave them my opinion: squid and octopi. I LOVE squid and octopi as design elements. Oh, and here's another one that I <3, especially my scar: the evil jellyfish. Look for these aquatic monsters in a store near you. As for the res, you'll have to wait for that groundbreaking trend report. I love when I unite friends form different arenas of my life and they combine their respective crazies. This may or may not be a symptom of my utter lack of productive ambition.

But really, the fair was epic, the loot was fantastic, and now I have excellent, snooty-designy-pseudo hipster Christmas cards from Seltzer (http://www/seltzergoods.com). They feature an illustration of a color wheel and the colors are named for seasonal things like icicles, yule log, firelight, cranberries, sugar plums and a starry night, among others. They're a little pricey ($15 for a box of 8) but they're cute, artsy, ironic, smart, whatever you are looking for amongst the design options. I recommend. Although, they are kind of edging into my photo project, The Great Water Tower Project, with one of their cards. I don't want to talk about it. And yes, I will be selling water tower calendars shortly. Seriously.

Am I serious?

As a sidebar: Amy Poehler is on the cover of the current issue of BUST (written up by Rachel Dratch), which they were handing out at the Craftacular, and it was my dream that she too might be interrogating the man from Maine working the Digby & Iona table... but she was not. Sadness. On the plus side, I got to discuss playing with sticks and stones in the wilds of Maine with said dude. I have to say, he lived up very well to my impressions regarding life in Maine-- almost as well as the resident Maine-r in my life.

Also, I will now be sporting a necklace sporting an ocean liner pendant. I've never been on an ocean liner.

Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment