Monday, November 30, 2009

High School Flashback

As it happens, I remain in contact with about zero people from high school. This evening, I had dinner with two of them. I speak of averages and actuals. And love.

Here is how it went down:
  1. I went to open my car with the clicker thing.
  2. It did not work.
  3. I opened my car with the actual key. Shocking.
  4. The cab light did not go on (no I do not drive a sixteen wheeler).
  5. I turned the key.
  6. The engine did not even pretend to start. Nothing, rien, nada. Not a sputter, not a flicker, not a spark.
  7. FML.
  8. I went back inside and announced, "Well, my car is dead."
  9. My dad said, "Well, I'll drive you and then pick you up."
  10. I died inside.
  11. My dad drove me downtown to Avec where I had a delightful dinner with old friends.
  12. As we finished our main course, I had to text my dad to consider picking me up.
  13. My dad appeared outside and offered to drop my friends off home at their apartments that are not their high school bedrooms.
  14. He did so.
  15. We drove home to the Bev.
  16. My entire family watched Letterman together.
The end.

Go ahead: laugh, judge, cry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment